Dear Mitchell Families,
On behalf of the staff at Mitchell Elementary, I want to extend a warm welcome to all our returning families and a heartfelt greeting to those who are joining the Mitchell community for the first time! We are excited to have you join us for the 2023-2024 academic year, filled with new opportunities for growth, learning, and collaboration. Our dedicated staff works tirelessly to prepare a safe, nurturing, and academically enriching environment for your children.
We continue to focus on our District Goals: Academic Skills + Personal Skills = Lifelong Success! We believe quality education can be achieved through strong instructional programs, a dedicated and committed staff, and high expectations of student performance and behavior. Mitchell is proud to continue our work as an Apple School with a unique one-to-one iPad Program. Student learning is enhanced as teachers plan rigorous, standards-based lessons while integrating technology in order to better prepare our students for the 21st century. In addition to a rich academic program, Mitchell continues our work with PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports) and a monthly focus on character traits. We are also committed to supporting the social-emotional well-being of our students and will have additional resources allocated to support students’ needs throughout the school year.
Family involvement plays a critical role in your child’s success. Research shows that increased family involvement is directly tied to student achievement. I encourage you to get involved in your child’s education by taking an active role in their learning and volunteering in the PTO, parent education opportunities, fundraisers, and various classroom activities.
We are excited to be part of your child's educational journey and are confident that this year will be filled with memorable experiences and academic achievements. We appreciate your continued support and collaboration in creating a positive and enriching learning environment for all our students.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions. We are here to ensure that your child's educational experience at Mitchell is exceptional.
Mrs. Carrie Bostick, Mitchell Principal
Mitchell teachers use cutting-edge instructional strategies and integrate 21st century technology into daily instruction.
Mitchell students continue to show academic growth on state standardized tests. The percent of students who nearly met, met, or exceeded state standards on the rigorous SBAC test are 67% in English Language Arts and 73% in Math.
Mitchell offers after-school interventions, free tutoring, and enrichment in robotics and coding.
Mitchell’s robust College and Career Mentoring Program pairs elementary students with college students who serve as positive role models, provide help with school work, and promote positive self-esteem.
Mitchell has brand new playground equipment as well as soccer and basketball leagues that keep students active.
Mitchell fosters a warm, inclusive school culture with a focus on respect, responsibility, and safety through its Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program.
Mitchell students are trained in kindness. The school’s Peacekeeper program supports students with problem-solving, communication, and conflict resolution.
- Experienced, exceptional staff ready to meet the needs of all students, including credentialed teachers, special education teachers/support staff, psychologist, counselor, instructional aides, librarian, and technology support staff
- Free after school opportunities including Boys and Girls Club, coding class, mentoring, academic support
- Innovative use of Chromebooks and iPads as part of daily instruction Visual and performing arts program, weekly music lessons by a credentialed music teacher, choral and instrumental for upper grade
- Robust College and Career Mentoring program
- Culture of respect, responsibility, and safety through strong PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) Program
- Active Parent Teacher Organization creates strong school community with fun events like carnivals and cultural celebrations
- School survey shows students, parents and staff are happy to be a part of the Mitchell community